Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Killing time at Camp Doha Kuwait waiting for our flight to Iraq.

PX food court Camp Doha Kuwait 14Jul04 Posted by Hello


So, what to do, what to do? Hmmmmmmmmm Well thank goodness I had my amigos, Rocio and Steve to hang out with. We spend the majority of our time talking, going to the food court, shopping in the PX, going to the library where there was also internet and napping. I remember thinking that by the time we get to our final destination we were going to be well rested. (And we were.) The three of us had two pressing questions that we talked about constantly and only time would answer them; when are we leaving and which base (Camp) are we going to in Iraq? I wanted to go up North where the action was. If I was going to come all this way to Iraq I wanted to see what was going on. I really didn't care if it was "safe" or not. I certainly did not want to get stuck in some quiet, boring ad isolated camp. (Little did I know that is where I'd end up at; Camp Cedar II.) On the other hand, Steve wanted a safe place. Whenever we would met someone who had been in Iraq, the first thing Steve would ask was, "Which camps are the safe ones?" (Little did he know that he would be the one sent to where the action was; Camp Babylon.) The third amigo Rocio, well she didn't want to be bombed or shot at but she didn't want a boring place either. (She ended up at a boring place like mine; Camp Adder.)

The word finally came. We were leaving but the three amigos were being split up. Steve would be going to Camp Babylon; Rocio and I to Camp Adder. We had no idea where those camps were. We were soon going to find out.

2 Comments:

At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is interesting! I'm staying with your blog because with ITT, I imagine you'll be "well connected". Keep your head down and tell us all about this adventure! Thanks!

 
At 2:02 AM, Blogger troy said...

Hi.

I'm following your blog, too.
Don't forget to duck when you should. *s*

Love the troops. Hate the war. peace.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home